Streamliner Black Dial
MHD Streamliner : In stock
2 year warranty
Free worldwide shipping
Spread the costs with 3 interest free payments with Klarna finance
In July 2020, we started a new watch project called “Project 2021”. The Idea was to expose our design process with you over lockdown and get your feedback of what you wanted from the next MHD watch.
• Limited edition of 200 units with numbered marking from 1 -200 on the case back
• 40 mm diameter by 12mm depth
47 mm Lug-to-Lug length
22mm width strap width with quick release spring bars
• Black DLC (diamond like carbon) coating to the case fins
• 4 piece layered case design made from 316L stainless steel
• Brushed and chrome finishes applied to the case
• Sapphire crystal glass with 5mm bevel edge and (anti reflective) AR coating
Sapphire crystal glass exhibition case back with AR coating
• Water resistance to 5 ATM
• 4-piece dial design
1-Black chapter ring with white colour markers
2-Black dial with laser-cut marker slots
3-Black colour raised dial with logo markings
4-White Super Luminova Sub dial
• Chrome hands with white Super luminova
• Red second/power reserve and 24 hour hands
• Date window
• Power reserve sub dial
• 24-hour sub dial
• Miyota 9132 26 jewel automatic mechanical movement with power reserve and date (sitting in stainless steel movement holder)
• 316 L Stainless steel crown with knurled finish and machine turned edge
• 42 hour power reserve
• Hacking function stops the second hand for more precision when setting the time
• 2 year warranty
• Black Italian leather rally strap with quick release spring bars
• Brown Italian leather rally strap with quick release spring bars
THE BACKSTORY :
In July 2021, we started a new watch project called “Project 2021”. The Idea was to expose our design process with you over lockdown and get your feedback of what you wanted from the next MHD watch.
We started with three design themes taking automotive influence from the 1930’s, 1950’s and 1970’s, which you can see below.
Inspired by the 1930's streamliner design period, such as Raymond Loewy products and vehicles (especially the trains) "The streamliner" is Limited in edition to 200 watches per colour way. Housed inside the 316L stainless steel case is the Japanese 26 Jewel Miyota 9132 automatic mechanical movement with power reserve, 24 hour sub dial and date window.
The initial sketch proposal shown below is where the design process started.